Many of the students ask this common question, that, How to make a CV How to write a successful CV or How to write a good CV. What to write in the CV and what not to write. Also, what does a good CV contain? What is the format for a good CV? As well as, There is a difference between a CV and a Resume. What are the tips for CV writing? We are going to explain that as well.
We will be guiding you all in this post. Student Gateway ensures to answer all your questions regarding CV writing. It is really important to make an impressive and professional CV. No matter, if you are a student or a professional. Because a CV defines an individual. Many of the companies ask for a resume instead of a CV. They prefer a Resume over a CV. Look for the reason below.
So, We are going to elaborate on some tips for CV writing. As well as, Examples for CV writing will also be provided within this guide. Follow all these tips and points, and your CV will stand out! If you wanna know the secret behind, How to write a professional CV. Then you need to add skills and experience according to the requirements of the employers.
What is CV writing?
Your CV, which stands for curriculum vitae, is a document. This document is used for job applications. It is a summary of your educational background, skills, and experiences. As well as, it enables you to advertise your abilities and sell them to potential employers. CVs are also called Resumes in the USA and Canada.
Difference Between Resume & CV
Your CV (Curriculum Vitæ) as mentioned above is a comprehensive document. It can be of 2 or more pages. The CV contains a high level of information regarding your achievements, not just your career biography. This covers your background of education, your skills, and your experiences. Besides, other accomplishments like publications, awards, honors, etc.
Your resume, or résumé, is a brief written document. It typically does not extend more than a page. Consequently, the reader will not spend long on your document. The core aim of a resume is to make an individual able to stand in the competition.
Tips For How to write a successful CV
We hope you might have got an idea about the difference between a CV and a Resume. Hence, Follow the few points below to improve your CV:
- Consider emailing / sharing your CV in a .pdf file. The MS Word version will look differently at the user’s end. Depending upon his/her version of the MS Office.
- Keep in mind to rename your CV with your name. For example, “Resume_ABC_XYZ”.
- Don’t Extend your CV to more than one page. Exclude extra spaces and information that is not required.
- Your name repeats in the address too. Therefore, No need for that.
- No need to add your complete house address. Just mention Peshawar. Address, email, and phone numbers. Also, these should be in one line only.
- Do not mention FSc or Matric under educational info.
- Merge the Work Experience and Professional Experience. As a result, it won’t extend than a page
- Do not explain what each organization is. Instead, just mention the name of the organization, your designation there, the time duration you worked there, and what you did, and what you achieved while in that role.
You will find some CV writing Templates, Click HERE!
Dear Users make sure you have followed the following guidelines in your CV.
- All dates should be aligned
- As well as, All text should be left-aligned
- Either all month names be written in full or just the first 3 letters. For Example, Mar
- Relevant coursework should be of 2 lines maximum
- Work experience should come after education
- For each internship, Write 2-3 bullet points
- No photo in the CV
- Write Address, phone, email in one line
- Add LinkedIn profile link below the address
- Don’t add details like nic, father, mother, etc
- Should not have summary or objective
- If you have a masters then do not include A/O Level
- Do not add o-level
- Send your CV or Resume in PDF format
- There is no need for months in education
- For starting a bullet point, use the action verb. Such as; analyzed, evaluated, managed, etc
- Each bullet point should be 1 line. Extraordinary cases should be 2 lines.
Finally, we recommend you to give your CV proofreading by professionals. This will help you to avoid any English grammar errors.
CV Writing Services
In case you want to avail professional CV writing Services. So, Reach out for Our Services! Student Gateway hires professional writers to help you out with every writing material. (PAID)