Hey! If you wish to Win a Chevening Scholarship 2022 then you’re on the right page. In just 5 days, the Chevening Scholarship for 2022 will be available. Also, the Chevening Secretariat has informed us that applications will start on August 3rd, 2021, and end on November 2nd, 2021. Moreover, it is a fully funded UK government scholarship. So, study full-time one-year master’s degree program in the UK. We’ll show you how to get a Chevening Scholarship in this post.
Furthermore, around 1800 Chevening scholarships were awarded to students around the globe. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic last year, English language requirements (IELTS/TOEFL) were removed. Though, this is yet to know what they’ll gonna do this year. Also, The deadline for each country will be the same. Students from any country can apply for Chevening Scholarship.
As we said that the scholarship is Fully Funded so it will fund your Accommodation, Your tuition Fee, Fees, Airfare Tickets, Books, Stipend, Vis Costs, etc. That exactly means that it will provide full coverage to everything. So, nothing to worry about paying for a pinch even. However, you need to be aware of the fact that it will require a lot of quality effort to get this stunning opportunity in 2022. Stay hooked to this post because we are going to guide you with all of the tips and tricks as well as the whole process that will certainly get you win Chevening scholarship.
How You Can Win a Chevening Scholarship?
6 Application Tips for Chevening Scholarship
If you’re wondering How to apply for Chevening then you must read the following points carefully.
- Make sure your grammar is correct and that your sentences make any sense. Check the spellings and the names of institutions as well.
- When discussing personal accomplishments, use the pronoun “I” rather than “we.”
- In your answers, don’t use bullet points to highlight job tasks or future objectives. Because they want to learn as much as possible about your ambitions. So, write in full sentences and tell them about your experiences!
- When answers are copied and pasted from a CV, personal statement, or reference letter, the assessors will notice. Please ensure your responses are specific to the question.
- Make sure you connect your selected course of study to your prior experiences and future goals.
- Leadership, persuading, and relationship-building qualities are required of all Chevening Applicants. You’ll need to know how studying at a UK university would help you reach your career objectives.
Please apply to at least 5 to 6 universities to ensure admission. This is because if you don’t get accepted to any of the institutions listed on your application form but get accepted to a fourth university (not included on the application form), your scholarship may still be secured.
If you’ve been invited for an interview, you can mention the fourth university where you’ve received an admission offer during the interview.
NOTE: University Application: There is no Need to Have Admission Letter From University for applying to Chevening at This moment.
In your application, give priority to universities where you believe you have the best chance of being accepted. However, you might alter your mind during the interview stage.
The application, interview, conditional offer, final award, and pre-departure briefing stages of the selection process each take around a year. I won’t lie: the procedure will test your mental and emotional endurance, but don’t let that stop you from taking advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime chance.
Is Work Experience Necessary for the Chevening Scholarship?
Chevening captured the hearts here! You do not need to have any job experience to apply to Chevening. So, Applicants for Chevening Scholarships must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
The types of work experience for Chevening eligible can include:
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
You would not have to complete the work experience requirement in a single job. Thus, to satisfy the criteria, applicants can submit up to 10 distinct employment periods. Please indicate the periods that make up the highest amount of hours worked when you have held more than 10 roles.
Chevening Scholarships – two years’ work experience = 2,800 hours
Read also about: New Zealand Scholarships 2022 Without IELTS
How to Win a Chevening Scholarship Interview?
You will have around 1 hour to convince the interview panel that you are fit for this amazing opportunity. Some general things are to be kept in mind.
If you are selected for a Chevening Scholarship interview, you will then be invited to visit with the British embassy or high commission in the city/town where you live.
Book a Morning Slot
If you are chosen for a Chevening Interview for the scholarship, you can schedule an interview time slot. Teachers, judges, and interviewers are known to be tougher when they are sleepy, according to research. Thus, Make every effort to schedule an appointment in the morning.
Though, Consider how you’d feel if you had to interview 5–6 individuals every day for 15 days. So catch the panel first thing in the morning when they’re in their nicest mood.
Be Consistent with your Essays
The interview panel will spend most of the time asking for more information to clarify the points you made in your essays. You should know everything there is to know about your essays.
It is very important to be consistent with your essay (especially when you talk about your passion and motivation) because that paints an impression of self-assurance and authenticity.
Examples of Chevening Interview Questions
- Why do I want to study in the UK?
- How will my country benefit from my experience and expertise in the future?
- Why I chose my course of study?
- Why do I consider myself a leader?
- My Short term and long term professional goals (especially linking it to what the UK is doing in my country).
- Why am I interested in Chevening?
Read also about: British Chevening Scholarship UK 2022 | Fully Funded
Total 4 essays are there, each should be of 500 words;
1st essay is about candidates networking skills
- On a national and international level, a candidate should highlight his networking and personal relationships.
- He should discuss how he interacts with individuals from other professions, such as government and international representatives, public officials, and academics.
- He should indicate his familiarity with various cultures, age groups, and socioeconomic strata.
- Must also give a brief summary of the length of time he has been in long-term partnerships.
- In addition, he should go over his communication abilities in many areas.
2nd essay would ask you about your leadership qualities
- A candidate should describe the situations in which he has acted as a leader.
- n numerous projects, how he showed strong team management skills.
- The manner in which he managed community initiatives on a set budget.
- How he weighed in on each member’s viewpoint and negotiated among them.
- What strategy did you use to work with various personalities and lead successful projects?
- How his leadership project benefited his community in the long run and resulted in a good transformation.
3rd Essay would ask you about future career plans
- A candidate should discuss his career goals and how they would help his neighborhood or country.
- All objectives should be well-thought-out and achievable.
- A social, intellectual, and professional approach should be included in a candidate’s goals.
- A candidate’s talents, volunteer activities, and employment experience must all be included
4th essay would be about why you want to pursue your studies in the UK
- Although the desire to study in the United Kingdom differs from person to person, the reasons for doing so must be legitimate and suitable.
- The United Kingdom has an excellent reputation for one-year master’s programs
- The United Kingdom is home to some of the world’s top universities.
- UK is a top academic country.
- A candidate’s interest in cross-cultural understanding should be mentioned.
- An applicant must have an interest in international research that will benefit the community.
- A candidate needs to submit 2 reference letters.
- The referee must know the candidate professionally or in academics.
- British Council will verify the reference letters after shortlisting of the candidate.
We believe and wish you good luck that if you follow the above tips keenly, you’ll sure stand out among many, and Win a Chevening Scholarship.