The Royal Commonwealth Society has offered an outstanding and historic opportunity for young pupils. The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2021 is the opportunity in question. Thousands of young pupils from various schools competed in the Commonwealth Essay Competition. The goal of the program is to empower young people by giving them the confidence to express themselves through writing and to contribute to making the world a better place.
The Commonwealth essay writing competition has been running since 1883. Every essay competition has a theme that is followed by students from all 52 Commonwealth nations. The essay’s overall subject shows democracy and equality as key virtues. “Community in the Commonwealth” is the theme of the Queen’s essay writing competition in 2021. The topic concentrates around the Commonwealth community during the global spread of the COVID-19, as the world has been severely afflicted by the pandemic.
The Commonwealth countries’ participation in this international writing competition 2021 are divided into two categories: Senior Category and Junior Category. The Commonwealth student aged 14 to 18 is classified as a Senior. In the same way, students under the age of 14 are classified as Juniors. Each category, on the other hand, has a separate essay topic. In addition, each category has a champion and runner-up. The Commonwealth Essay Competition’s subjects are discussed in depth in the following paragraphs.
Details about Queen Elizabeth Essay Competition:
Host Country: United Kingdom
Organized By: Royal Commonwealth Society
Deadline: 30 June 2021
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Essay Competition Awards:
- One Week fully-funded trip to London for education and cultural events.
- Glod, Silver, and Bronze Medals
- Certificate of Participation.
Eligibility Criteria of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competiton:
- The participants in this essay writing competition are separated into two groups.
- Seniors are those who were born between July 1, 2002, and June 30, 2007. (14-18 years)
- Juniors are those who were born after July 1, 2007. (Under 14 years of age)
- All Commonwealth counties’ inhabitants or citizens are eligible to apply.
- Hong Kong and Zimbabwe residents are eligible to apply.
- Participants from non-Commonwealth nations must submit their entries through their local branch of the Royal Commonwealth Society.
Requirements of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2021:
- The entries must be written entirely in English. Any essays written in a language other than English will be rejected.
- The Senior Category’s maximum word length is 1500 words, while the Junior Category’s maximum word count is 750 words. Failure to adhere to the word limit will result in disqualification.
- The word limit applies to all types of writing, including essays, poems, and letters.
- The word count does not include references or footnotes.
- The personal information of the participants should not be included in the entrants’ essay. Personal information will be provided only during the application process.
- The themes must be chosen in accordance with the Senior and Junior categories’ subjects.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated, and plagiarised submissions will be instantly rejected.
Topics of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Writing Competition 2021:
For Senior Category:
- Consider the following points. “The compassionate behaviours of its people are the most true measure of a community’s greatness.” Coretta Scott King was the first African-American woman to be elected to the U.S. Congress
- Keeping in touch with COVID-19.
- What has changed in the globe in the 30 years since the COVID-19 pandemic ended?
- What would you say to your people if you were the leader of a Commonwealth nation badly hit by COVID-19 and giving a nationwide address at the conclusion of the pandemic?
For Junior Category:
- What storey would you tell if you were requested to write about the coronavirus epidemic for a museum in the year 2050?
- Tell a tale of a time when you or someone you know stepped in to aid others during the pandemic.
- “We’ll see you and your pals again. We’ll be reunited with our families once more. We’ll get together again.” – Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
After submitting their entry, applicants must send the following information to [email protected]
- Complete name and identification number
- Name of the school.
- Give the specifics of submitting an adult if the submission is not a group submission. Complete information about the applicant’s curricular stage.
- For online entries, the deadline is June 30, 2021, at 23:59 BST.
- For offline submission, the Royal Commonwealth Society office in London must receive them by June 30, 2021.
How to apply:
The Application process is online, to apply please ( visit here )